Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Hope Deferred Makes the Heart Sick. Proverbs 13:12

The absence of miracles will often cause people to doubt God's Word. For instance, when God called Gideon, Gideon asked God, "If I am a mighty man of valor where are all the miracles?" This is why Moses asked God to be with him to perform miracles. This is why Elisha asked, "Where is the Lord God of Elijah?" This is why God told Joshua, "As I was with Moses so I will be with thee." This is why we are required to do the same things Jesus did and take up the work He left for us. John 14:12

Miracles are performed to deliver people in danger, to perform judgments upon those who interfere with His work, to calm storms, to cast out devils, to bind up broken hearts, to deliver the captives, and to deliver people from natural stubbornness and rebellion so they may receive the Holy Spirit. Miracles cause people to be saved. Denying miracles does not!!

New Testament Miracles:
John 2 - Jesus turned water into wine.
John 11 - Jesus commanded Lazarus to come forth from the dead after he had been embalmed. John 11 - Jesus fed 5000 with 5 loaves of bread and two fishes.
Luke 17 - Nine lepers were healed. The one that returned found he had a whole nose, whole ear, whole hand, etc. It was more than a healing!! IT WAS A MIRACLE!!

And numerous other accounts of Miracles, Signs and Wonders are recorded throughout the Old and New Testaments of the Bible!!

Do not get me wrong, I am also waiting upon a couple of Miracles myself, but in my waiting my heart is encouraged and transformed when people are healed. Knowing that God chooses me as a vessel is a Miracle in itself because I was not always this 'Free'!! IN FACT, I was a HOT MESS!!! I have references to confirm this, by the way!!

The other day, someone I have never shared anything about my life with, said, "You have been through a lot in your lifetime, it is a wonder that you are not bitter." Miracles, Signs and Wonders come in all shapes and sizes!!

I do know this much "Hurt People, Hurt People, BUT FREE People, FREE People!!

He has a purpose and a plan for our lives, that He placed in us before we were born. He knew us before the beginning of time and while we were being formed in our mother's womb!! And there is nothing that we can do to mess HIS Plan up!! NOTHING!! If you take a few detours, make sure you take lots of pictures!! And when you are ready, He will be waiting for you patiently and is always pursuing you, ALWAYS!!! He loves everything about you even when you do not!! To me, that is a Miracle in itself, that someone would love me NO MATTER WHAT!!

EVEN IN MY MESS, HE LOVED!!

No comments:

Post a Comment