Monday, January 25, 2010

Walking It Out!

When I was a little girl and I would get mad at my mom, because she wouldn't give me my way, I would say (under my breath and at the opposite end of the house) I will NEVER be like you!! Well, the Lord has a very funny sense of humor!! Funny thing is my life mirrored my mother's life in so many ways!! So, I found myself walking in the same circumstances!! Of course I broke the generational iniquities BUT, nothing changed!! One day I asked the Lord, ok what am I suppose to learn in all of this!! As the saying became very fresh in my mind - You will always get what you've always gotten, if you keep doing what you have always done!! Hmmm... ok, yeah... So, what does that look like I asked?

He showed me the Image of Christ Jesus and He was bent over on his hands and knees, blood dripping from Him! And I remember Him saying to me You have to walk it out so that I can show you these things!! I didn't really LIKE that answer and rebuked the devil in the process!! I think we give the enemy too much credit! We blame him for things we do!! A lot of times we blame God for what the enemy does! Kind of distorted huh? Anyway, as I got over myself, He reminded me that we, as Christians are sacrificing our lives (walking it out) so that people in our own family and generations to come may be FREE!! He asked me one day, do you want to see your children walk this walk because of your unwillingness to submit to Me? That hit me like a ton of bricks!! It was so profound to me!! Of course the answer was a H-E -Double Hockey sticks NO!! I don't wish this walk on anyone especially, my children! At that moment, I said it stops with me! As Mary said, Let it be unto me as You have said!!

So, next time we want to judge those who have cancer or other various diseases or those who are single parents, (that are single parents due to numerous circumstances like death of a loved one, prison of a loved one or divorce) remember, God is not surprised by our circumstances and He trusted them enough to allow it to come to pass!! Not everyone can walk the walk that you are called to walk! And you are the only one that can walk it out! So, love on them and walk WITH them, encourage them instead of condemning them!! Speak life into them, not death!! THAT IS WHAT JESUS CHRIST WOULD DO!! Isn't that the goal? To be more and more LIKE HIM!! Today is your day, Choose this day whom you will serve, for me and my house we will serve the Lord!! Again, be careful of the things you say and think about others because you never know when YOU will be walking in the position of those you are judging, just like me!!

Walking In His Faithful Love,
Jacqueline

No comments:

Post a Comment